“Ascendus was the only company or organization that really extended a hand with [my] first grant because I couldn’t qualify for anything” – Juan, Kikos Coffee, Revere MA
Since 1968, Hispanic Heritage Month has been observed annually from September 15th through October 15th. Juan is one of about 5 million Hispanic business owners in the United States, and you can watch his full story on our Stories of Ascension page.
According to the SBA, nearly one in four new businesses is Hispanic-owned generating over $800 billion to the US economy annually; so this month serves as an opportunity to celebrate and provide resources for Hispanic-owned businesses throughout the country. There are an increasing number of these resources available for business owners and their employees, including:
- SBA en Español: the entirety of the Small Business Administration website translated into Spanish with accompanying resources.
- The National Hispanic Business Group: an organization deeply involved in mentorship and business opportunities.
- SCORE for Hispanic Entrepreneurs: a source of mentorship and online learning.
- Hootsuite Academy en Español: a social media certification course entirely in Spanish.
- The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC): an umbrella organization for over 200 Hispanic chambers and business associations, acting as an on-the-ground resource with programs, mentorship, events, and more.
Ascendus is proud to support Hispanic-owned businesses through financial assistance, mentorship, and more. This month as we celebrate Hispanic business owners like Juan, we encourage others to explore our available resources and see how Ascendus can empower you in your business journey.