Ascendus is a nonprofit small business lender whose vision is to create a world of financial ascension for all. Our mission is to empower low-to-moderate income entrepreneurs through access to the capital and business support to create and grow healthy enterprises and contribute to thriving local economies. Since 1991, Ascendus has provided more than $336 million to 47,000 small business owners across the country. For more information, visit www.ascendus.org.
This is a Full-Time remote position with 2 days in the office per month. Must live in the NYC area.
1. Client services & Inquiry Response
- Daily response to outstanding inquiries from clients, and internal staff, both in person and via other communication sources;
- Satisfy inquiries stemming from monthly billing statements, account status, and general account adjustments including change of address and change of bank account;
- Satisfy inquiries stemming from Promissory Notes and Loan Funding process;
- Responsible for back-office compliance work including the mailing of client correspondence, the reception of correspondence as well as individual in-person attention as needed for both clients and internal staff;
- Responsible for back-office client services support including, fax routing, voicemail routing.
- Daily monitoring of the loan service inbox to ensure that all requests, documents, and deliverables are captured each
2. Loan Closing & Quality Control
- Responsible for the Core Lending loan closing process, as well as ensuring the accuracy of the loan closing information in both original documents, and within the lending platform;
- Responsible for the Core Lending loan disbursement process to ensure the accuracy of wiring information, adherence to board approved credit policies, and proactive communication with Finance Department on requested wire and ACH loan disbursements;
- Responsible for the Client Services portion of the Community Advantage loan disbursement process;
- Accountable for the storage, and maintenance of required original documents in local fireproof safe as required, and electronic files for effective document
3. Loan Collections
- Willingness to handle a high volume of daily phone calls in a professional manner and up to FDCPA standards;
- Ensure the accuracy of repayment information to minimize errors that affect client repayment.
- Ability to acknowledge errors, learn from errors, and be accountable to self-improvement;
- Ability to negotiate payment solutions with delinquent clients and resolve conflicts to find solutions;
- Handle phone calls, payment adjustments, reallocations, and payment arrangements to keep the daily delinquency below 4.0%
- Ability to handle administrative work in an organized and structured manner including returned mail, late notice mailing, client account changes, and other department specific document requirements;
- Work cooperatively with Payment Support team and manager in a fast paced, goal oriented, collections department;
- Suggest course of action to pursue with delinquent accounts;
- Must communicate and follow up effectively with Client Services Department regarding client accounts on a timely basis;
- Be able to visit the post office periodically and as necessary to mailing documentation that require immediate attention.
- Other duties and responsibilities based on department’s operation needs and as instructed by Supervisor or manager
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
- Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship. Puts success of the team ahead of personal achievement.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, takes instruction well, and can be reliably trusted with important wo
- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. focuses on key priorities.
- Attention to detail. Carefully monitors the details and quality of own work and other’s work thoroughly while remaining efficient and as error free as possib
- Alignment with core values of adaptability, dedication, empathy, inclusion, integrity and passion.
- Customer Service & Call Center Environment Experience (preferred)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish Fluency) (Required)
- Basic MS Excel and Word (Required)
- Knowledge of FDCPA (preferred)
- College Degree/Some College or related work experience (preferred)
- Willingness to cross-train and take on tasks as assigned
- Flexibility on schedule to work overtime when available
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary depending on experience
- Competitive salary
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision premium plan offerings (savings of $6K – $12K per annum)
- Robust medical plans with $0 deductible and 0% co-insurance options available
- Each employee receives $1,500 employer paid HRA card for wide range of medical-related expenses such as co-pays, prescriptions, etc.
- Eligible for 401(k) participation after thirty (30) days of employment
- Participation in Success Share Plan (a profit-sharing program)
- Summer Friday’s
- Parental Leave Plan
- 13 paid holidays and generous paid time off policy
- Annual company-funded offsite retreat
How to apply
Click here to apply!
The salary range for this position in $50K- $55K