Ascendus is a nonprofit small business lender whose vision is to create a world of financial ascension for all. Our mission is to empower low-to-moderate income entrepreneurs through access to the capital and business support to create and grow healthy enterprises and contribute to thriving local economies. Since 1991, Ascendus has provided nearly $336 million to more than 47,000 small businesses owners across the country. For more information, visit www.ascendus.org
The Senior Development Officer supports the Development & Communication team’s solicitation of $19 million+ in annual requests. The Senior Development Officer will report directly to the Development Manager. In addition, they will work closely with all members of the team on identifying and pursuing high-priority opportunities. In many cases, the Senior Officer will work directly with the Vice President of Development and Communications, the CEO, and Leadership Team on partnership strategy and program development.
The Senior Development Officer will be responsible for achieving the following:
- Manage a portfolio of 11 existing institutional accounts, drafting and submitting an average of 1 grant request per month and 1 report per month for a total of $1 million secured annually;
- Research, identify and cultivate 30 new funding prospects through prospect research, drafting of pitches and proposals, and coordinating cultivation and stewardship strategies; to request at least $4 million in new support from prospective funders;
- In partnership with the CEO and Vice President of Development, provide strategic direction on portfolio and moves management for high priority donors and prospects, overseeing cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans, in order to request at least $5 million annually;
- Visit with, participate in, and where appropriate lead an average of 2 meetings/calls and a further 8 touchpoints per month with institutional funders to establish contacts, learn their priorities, promote an understanding of Ascendus’ programs and initiatives, and request invitations for proposals;
- Communication. Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to quickly produce high quality, professional‐looking written material.
- Organization. Ability to manage complex projects involving other staff, set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet time-sensitive deadlines;
- Attention to Detail. Strong attention to guidance and instruction, analytical ability, and ability to manage detail with bigger picture items;
- Business/Portfolio Development. Grows contributed revenue opportunities through generating new prospects, relationships, fundraising opportunities and the submission of grant proposals;
- Strategic thinking/visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends;
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort; and
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- 5 years of frontline fundraising experience with increasing responsibilities and demonstrated success;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Salesforce or other CRM system for fundraising, as well as Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree;
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred; and
- A passion for Ascendus’ vision, mission and values.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary range of $75,000 to $85,000 depending on experience;
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision premium plan offerings (savings of $6K – $12K per annum)
- Robust medical plans with $0 deductible and 0% co-insurance options available
- Each employee receives $1,500 employer paid HRA card for wide range of medical-related expenses such as co-pays, prescriptions, etc.
- Eligible for 401(k) participation after thirty (30) days of employment
- Discretionary Time Off Policy; and
- Participation in Success Share Plan (a profit-sharing plan).
How to Apply
Click here to apply!