MISSION OF THE ASSOCIATE
The mission of the Collections Associate is to reliably maintain the day-to-day duties of client repayments.The functional areas impacted by the Associates work include client repayment communications, bank reportreconciliation, client repayment strategies, and effective follow through on tasks given by Senior Loan Service Unit Manager.
The Collections Associate reports to the Senior Loan Service Unit Manager and will learn how to work a loanaging pipeline in a growing organization.
Under the direction of the Senior Loan Service Unit Manager in Collaboration with the Loan Service Supervisor the Collections Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Willingness to handle a high volume of daily phone calls in a professional manner and up to FDCPAstandards;
- Ensure the accuracy of repayment information to minimize errors that affect client repayment.
- Ability to acknowledge errors, learn from errors, and be accountable to self-improvement;
- Ability to negotiate payment solutions with delinquent clients and resolve conflicts in order to findsolutions;
- Handle phone calls, payment adjustments, reallocations, and payment arrangements to keep the dailydelinquency below 4.0% or as directed by Leadership Team
- Ability to handle administrative work in an organized and structured manner including returned mail, latenotice mailing, client account changes, and other department specific document requirements;
- Work cooperatively with Loan Service team and manager in a fast paced, goal-oriented
- Suggest course of action to pursue with delinquent accoun
- Be able to visit the post office, periodically and as necessary to mailing documentation that require immediate attention.
- Other duties and responsibilities based on department’s operation needs and as instructed by the Loan Service manag
The core competencies required for this role include:
- Team oriented. Puts success of the team ahead of personal achievement.
- Attention to detail. Carefully monitors the details and quality of own work and other’s work thoroughly while remaining efficient and as error free as possible.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, takes instruction well, and can be reliably trusted with important work.
- Works well under pressure. Maintains a positive attitude responding to stressful situations that may include urgency of matters requiring priority due to deadlines, or end of the month production.
- Customer Service & Call Center Environment experience (preferred).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Collections (FDCPA).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- College Degree (preferred).
- Willingness to cross-train and take on tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Previous experience working remotely preferred.
- Permission to work in USA.
- Bilingual speaker (Spanish and English) required.
- This position is currently remote. New York area residence preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision premiums (savings of $6K – $12K per annum) and monthly mobile phone stipend of $30;
- Robust medical plan with $0 deductible and 0% co-insurance;
- Additionally, each employee receives $1,500 employer paid HRA card for wide range of medical-related expenses such as co-pays, prescriptions, etc.;
- Eligible for 401(k) participation after thirty (30) days of employment; and
- Participation in Success Share Plan (a profit-sharing plan).
To apply for this position please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]