Ascendus is seeking an experienced individual to join its New York-based Development and Communication team to support the team’s solicitation of $10 million in annual requests, with a specific focus on managing a portfolio of institutional funders, providing administrative support on the day-to-day of department operations, and leading our signature fundraising event(s). The Development Officer will work with the entire team and report directly to the Vice President of Development and Communications. In some cases, the Officer will also work directly with the CEO and Leadership Team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants greater autonomy and is ready to leverage their skills to make a visible mark on growth.
The Development Officer will be responsible for achieving the following:
- Managing a $2 million portfolio of 40+ institutional accounts, drafting an average of 2 grant requests per month, taking meetings, and preparing an average of 2 reports per month to keep them informed of Ascendus’s work and the impact of their contributions;
- Securing $1 million in renewed support from existing institutional partners per year;
- Researching, identifying and cultivating new funding prospects through prospect research, drafting of pitches and proposals, and coordinating cultivation and stewardship strategies to request at least $1 MM in new l support from current or prospective funders;
- Providing leadership to catalyze the success of the Microfinance Council, Ascendus’ junior board of young professionals in New York;
- Providing administrative and operational support to the Development and Communications team including Salesforce management, coordination with accounting on gifts management, and coordination with operations on reporting; and
- Planning and leading the execution for our annual ‘Access to Opportunity’ luncheon and fall “Harvest Festival’ fundraising events.
Required Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- Demonstrated proficiency in Salesforce for fundraising
- Experienced and comfortable in Microsoft Office – including Excel
- Experience in event planning, design, and execution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to quickly produce high quality, professional‐looking written material.
- Ability to manage complex projects involving other staff, set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet time-sensitive deadlines;
- Attention to Detail. Strong attention to guidance and instruction, analytical ability, and ability to manage detail with bigger picture items;
- Strategic thinking/visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends;
- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort; and
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Three (3) years of work experience in nonprofit fundraising;
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree;
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred; and
- A passion for Ascendus’ vision, mission and values.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary depending on experience;
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision premiums (savings of $6K – $12K per annum) and monthly mobile phone stipend of $30;
- Robust medical plan with $0 deductible and 0% co-insurance;
- Additionally, each employee receives $1,500 employer paid HRA card for wide range of medical-related expenses such as co-pays, prescriptions, etc.;
- Eligible for 401(k) participation after thirty (30) days of employment; and
- Participation in Success Share Plan (a profit-sharing plan).
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].