The Communications & Marketing Manager is responsible for owning expertise in our brand and voice, and using it to draft messaging and positioning consistently across all communications channels. This position primarily supports communication to donors and funders to ensure $3.7 million in annual contributions, while also providing support to program staff to deliver products and programs. The Manager will be a member of the Development and Communications Team and reports directly to the Vice President of Development & Communications.
The Communications & Marketing Manager will be responsible for achieving the following:
Communications (36 hours):
- Develop, write, edit and produce content for donors and funders including our annual report, annual appeal, donor reports, a minimum of twenty-four (24) client stories a year, an annual brochure and revised boilerplate language once a year;
- Create and launch twelve (12) email newsletters to donors and funders a year, as well as event invites, and announcements invites via MailChimp;
- Develop a minimum twelve (12) client photos through annual photo tours and at least two (2) client videos;
- Creation and execution of social media strategy for Ascendus, including planning and implementing social campaigns for Ascendus’s social media channels including the creation of content, monitoring, and responding;
- Provide planning and event support for annual ‘Access to Opportunity’ luncheon and fall “Harvest Festival’;
- Managing Ascendus’ website, including updating its content using WordPress, as needed, daily; and
- Manage consultants which includes:
- Managing Ascendus’ website, including driving content creation, managing SEO and overseeing website development work beyond our in-house capacity;
- Providing monthly analysis of website traffic and behavior using Google Analytics; and
- Addressing graphic design needs.
Marketing (4 hours):
- Create content & collateral for small business owners and clients including business resource articles, emails, flyers, press releases, and powerpoint presentations, including translation of these same materials into Spanish;
- Develop, manage, and execute marketing programs including direct mailings, paid advertising and media campaigns; and
- Managing the development of (12) email newsletters to clients and small business owners including optimization of lists and campaigns (with consultant).
Required Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- Demonstrated proficiency in MailChimp, InDesign, WordPress and Google Analytics;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to quickly produce high quality, professional‐looking written material.
- Strategic thinking/visioning. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a marketing/communications role;
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of trends in social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter;
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree, preferred; and
- A passion for Ascendus’ vision, mission and values.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary depending on experience;
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision premiums (savings of $6K – $12K per annum) and monthly mobile phone stipend of $30;
- Robust medical plan with $0 deductible and 0% co-insurance;
- Additionally, each employee receives $1,500 employer paid HRA card for wide range of medical-related expenses such as co-pays, prescriptions, etc.;
- Eligible for 401(k) participation after thirty (30) days of employment; and
- Participation in Success Share Plan (a profit-sharing plan).
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].